Specifies the name of the output file.
- Required. The name of the output file the compiler creates.
The compiler expects to find one or more source code files following the /out option.
Specify the full name and extension of the file to create. If you do not, the .exe file takes its name from the source code file containing the Sub Main procedure, and the .dll file takes its name from the first source code file.
To set /out in the Visual Studio integrated development environment
- Open the project's Property Pages dialog box. For details, see <Projectname> Property Pages Dialog Box.
- Click the Common Properties folder.
- Click the General property page.
- Modify the Assembly name property.
To set /out programmatically
- See OutputFileName Property.
The following code compiles
t2.vb and creates output file
vbc t2.vb /out:t3.exe