LIST OBJECTS Command
Continuously displays information about an object or a group of objects.
LIST OBJECTS [LIKE cObjectSkeleton] [TO PRINTER [PROMPT] | TO FILE FileName] [NOCONSOLE]
- LIKE cObjectSkeleton
- Displays information about a subset of objects. cObjectSkeleton is an object specification skeleton that supports wildcards (* and ?). For example, to continuously display all objects that begin with A, use the following command:
LIST OBJECTS LIKE A*
- TO PRINTER [PROMPT]
- Directs output from LIST OBJECTS to a printer.
You can include the optional PROMPT clause to display a Print dialog box before printing starts. Place the PROMPT keyword immediately after TO PRINTER.
- TO FILE FileName
- Directs output from LIST OBJECTS to the disk file specified with FileName. If the file already exists and SET SAFETY is ON, Visual FoxPro displays a prompt asking if you want to overwrite the file.
- Suppresses output to the main Visual FoxPro window or to the active user-defined window.
LIST OBJECTS displays the following information about all existing objects:
- Properties and their values.
- Member objects and the class or subclass on which they are based.
- Class or subclass on which objects are based.
- Class hierarchy for the objects.
LIST OBJECTS fills the entire main Visual FoxPro window without pausing.
The following example uses DEFINE CLASS and CREATEOBJECT( ) to create two custom classes named FormChild and FormGrandChild from the Visual FoxPro Form base class. LIST OBJECTS lists information about the objects and their properties.
CLEAR frmMyForm = CREATEOBJECT("FormGrandChild") LIST OBJECTS LIKE frm* RELEASE frmMyForm DEFINE CLASS FormChild AS FORM ENDDEFINE DEFINE CLASS FormGrandChild AS FormChild ENDDEFINE