Cannot update. Database or object is read-only. (Error 3027)
You tried to save changes in a database that was opened for read-only access.
The database is read-only for one of these reasons:
- You used the OpenDatabase method and opened the database for read-only access.
- In Microsoft Visual Basic, you are using the Data control, and you set the ReadOnly property to True.
- The database file is defined as read-only in the operating system or by your network.
- The database file is stored on read-only media.
- In a network environment, you do not have write privileges for the database file.
- When working with a secured database, the database or one of its objects (such as a field or table) may be set to read-only. You may not have permission to access this data with your user name and password.
Close the database, resolve the read-only condition, and then reopen the file for read/write access.