VBA Source Code Control Add-InThis content is no longer actively maintained. It is provided as is, for anyone who may still be using these technologies, with no warranties or claims of accuracy with regard to the most recent product version or service release.
The VBA Source Code Control add-in provides check in/check out, versioning, history, and other important source code management functions for use in the Microsoft® Visual Basic® for Applications (VBA) environment.
To open the VBA Source Code Control add-in, open the Visual Basic Editor (ALT + F11) from any Office application. If the VBA Source Code Control add-in tool is not listed in the Add-Ins menu, you must first load it, using the Add-In Manager located in the Add-Ins menu. When the tool is loaded, you can launch it from the Add-Ins menu. To load the VBA Source Code Control add-in into the Add-In Manager, select the add-in, and then select the Loaded/Unloaded check box. After the tool is loaded, you can choose to Add Project to SourceSafe, or Run SourceSafe.
In This Section
- Add Files to SourceSafe Dialog Box
- Copies a file or group of files into the current Microsoft® Visual SourceSafe™ project.
- Add to SourceSafe Project Dialog Box
- Copies a new project into the Microsoft® Visual SourceSafe™ directory.
- Check In Objects to SourceSafe Dialog Box
- Copies an updated (currently checked out) version of one or more selected files from your current project into a Microsoft® Visual SourceSafe™ project.
- Check Out Files from SourceSafe Dialog Box (VBA Source Control Add-In)
- Copies the latest version of one or more selected files from the current Microsoft® Visual SourceSafe™ project.
- Get Object from SourceSafe Dialog Box
- Makes it possible for you to copy a Microsoft® Visual Basic® for Applications (VBA) object from another project in the current Microsoft® Visual SourceSafe™ database into your current project.
- History Details Dialog Box
- Display the Microsoft® Visual SourceSafe™ detailed history of a file.
- VBA Project Properties Window (VBA Source Control Add-In)
- Displays basic information about Microsoft® Visual SourceSafe™ objects.
- Differences Dialog Box (VBA Source Control Add-In)
- Compares two files, then shows you differences.
- History of <File> Dialog Box
- Display the Microsoft® Visual SourceSafe™ summary history of an object.
- Source Code Control Results Dialog Box
- Displays the completion status or errors resulting from a Visual SourceSafe command command.
- Undo Checkout of Files from SourceSafe Dialog Box
- Cancels a Check Out command so you no longer have the object checked out.
- Visual SourceSafe Login Dialog Box
- Logs you on to a Microsoft® Visual SourceSafe™ database.
In Related Sections
- Office Developer Productivity Tools
- A number of tools designed to aid in rapid application development in the Microsoft® Visual Basic® Editor are provided with Microsoft® Office XP Developer.
- Office Developer Productivity Tools Add-In Manager
- With the Add-In Manager, you can load any or all of the Microsoft® Office Developer productivity tools that you require, and have them appear in the Add-Ins menu.
- Multi-Code Import/Export Add-In
- Import and export Microsoft® Visual Basic® for Applications (VBA) objects from your project.
- Code Commenter and Error-Handler Add-In
- Automatically insert error handling and code comments into your code based on a template.
- VBA String Editor
- Create strings quickly and easily, and in the proper syntax.