Create a company marketing profile
[Some information relates to pre-released product which may be substantially modified before it's commercially released. Microsoft makes no warranties, express or implied, with respect to the information provided here.]
Dramatically increase your customer engagement opportunities with a profile that tells customers exactly what your expertise is, and how your software applications and services address their specific business needs.
Follow the guidelines and steps below to create a strong company marketing profile and application, or professional service profile in theMicrosoft Partner Center. Your profile will publish on Microsoft Pinpoint.
General requirements for all profile types:
- Do not include quotes, URLs, or contact information such as your company’s physical address, email address, or phone number in your profile description. These are entered in separate website and location boxes.
- Must be a minimum of 20 words and a maximum of 250 words. If in doubt, use fewer words.
- No spelling, capitalization, punctuation, or grammatical errors.
- Do not include Microsoft product trademark symbols.
- Do not use bold type, italics, or underlining.
- No rich text formatting. Use plain text formatting only.
Marketing profile requirements:
- Describe your qualifications and expertise, or those of your company.
- Must use your legal company name.
- Must include a link to your company’s homepage in the website box.
- Do not refer to another Microsoft partner company by name, unless it is a subsidiary or is somehow affiliated with your company, or you have a current agreement with that partner company to act in partnership and/or promote each other for shared work opportunities.
Use the following prompts in the sequence given to create your company marketing profile. The information you provide must be current.
- State your company’s expertise in the first sentence or two. Call out the Microsoft products you focus on. Examples: ABC Enterprises delivers on-site and e-learning training. We are experts in Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Convey the benefit of what you offer or the problem you help customers solve. Example: We help your employees build practical skills that they can apply immediately to improve productivity and lower your costs. We specialize in Dynamics integration and customized CRM application development.
- Include a list of the services and software applications you want to promote. Use bullets to list.
Use your Company Marketing Profile to describe your company’s expertise in Microsoft technologies, to list the applications and professional services you offer, and to tell potential customers about the business needs you can help them address. Be sure to review the Understanding Profile Guidelines section to ensure that your profile meets the necessary criteria for publishing.
- Sign in to the Microsoft Partner Center.
- Click the Company tab on the navigation bar.
- Click the Details tab.
- Click Company properties and complete the following:
- Upload a company logo.
- Enter the URL for your website in the Website field.
- Click Save.
- Click Add languages and complete the following:
- Select a language from the drop-down menu or click Add languages.
- Enter a full description for your company in the Description field.
Use bulleted lists and focus on keywords, rather than entering large blocks of text, since online customers tend to scan rather than read.
- Add locations that will be associated with your profile in the Add locations field.
You can assign a primary location by clicking Make this the primary location.
You can add additional languages with the drop-down menu near the top of the screen.
- Click Save.
- Preview your profile and click Submit for Approval when you are ready to publish it on Pinpoint or in other marketplaces.