Microsoft Developer Network
Note For an overview of a variety of .NET samples, see Microsoft .NET Architectural Sample Applications.
The IBuySpy Portal Solution Kit demonstrates how to build a portal site using Microsoft® ASP.NET. The kit addresses modular design, caching, XML object serializing, both Microsoft Windows- and forms-based authentication, and role-based security. Windows authentication optionally uses Microsoft Active Directory® Services. Role-based security is employed to control user access to portal content.
Download and view source code and documentation, or run the IBuySpy Portal online, at the IBuySpy tab of www.asp.net.
- ASP.NET, User control, Server controls
- Pages constructed from dynamically loaded user controls
- Configurable output caching of page regions
- Business logic implemented in both Microsoft Visual Basic® .NET and Microsoft Visual C#™
- Data access included in business classes
- Microsoft ADO.NET, SQL provider, DataSets
- Microsoft SQL Server™ database using stored procedures