CaptureDumpFileOnDevice (Windows CE 5.0)
This function captures a dump file on the device.
BOOL CaptureDumpFileOnDevice( DWORD dwProcessId, DWORD dwThreadId, LPCWSTR pwzExtraFilesPath );
- [in] ID of the process to capture. Forced to 0 if the application is not trusted.
The following table explains the relationship between values for dwProcessId and dwThreadId, and the thread context for capture.
dwProcessId dwThreadId Thread Context for capture 0 0 Current process, current thread. 0 >0 Current process, specified thread.
The specified thread must be owned by the current process, whether trusted or untrusted, or be running in the current trusted process.
>0 0 Specified process, last created thread. >0 >0 Specified process, specified thread.
The specified thread must be owned by or running in the specified process.
- [in] ID of the thread to capture.
- [in] Optional. Path to a temporary directory of additional files that should be included with the dump when uploaded to the Watson web site.
Ownership of the temporary directory transfers to the Error Report Generator after CaptureDumpFileOnDevice returns success.
The calling function
- Should not use the directory again if this method is successful.
- Should always create a directory with a unique name, and the directory must be a subfolder within the directory specified in the ExtraFilesDirectory value of the DumpSettings registry key.
Returns TRUE if the function was successful.
If CaptureDumpFileOnDevice returns FALSE, use GetLastError to discover more information.
To use CaptureDumpFileOnDevice, set WINCEOEM=1.
OS Versions: Windows CE 5.0 and later.
Link Library: Coredll.lib.
Send Feedback on this topic to the authors