About Platform Builder
Microsoft® Platform Builder is an integrated development environment (IDE) for building customized embedded platforms based on the Microsoft Windows® CE .NET operating system (OS). Platform Builder comes with all the development tools necessary for you to design, create, build, test, and debug a Windows CE–based platform. The IDE provides a single integrated workspace in which you can work on both platforms and projects.
In This Section
- Platform Creation
- Offers an explanation about using the New Platform Wizard, which you can use to create a platform. Provides information about the build system that Platform Builder is based on, including the Platform Builder platform and OS directories.
- Platform Customization
- Describes how you can customize a platform using a variety of methods, such as adding a project or run-time files to a platform, modifying shared source code, or localizing the platform.
- Platform Debugging and Testing
- Provides information about debugging and testing platforms and applications, using a variety of tools, ranging from the Emulator to the remote tools to the Windows CE .NET Test Kit.
- Integrated Development Environment
- Describes the Platform Builder IDE user interface and the integrated applications that you can use to work with projects, such as resources and resource editors, and source code control systems.
- Platform Builder Reference
- Describes the command-line tools and add-ins that you can use with Platform Builder to create and customize a design template that you can build to create an run-time image for download to a target device.
- Microprocessor Reference
- Contains information about microprocessors that Windows CE .NET supports through a variety of development tools, including compilers, intrinsic functions that allow full optimization, and assemblers for tasks that cannot be supported in other ways.
- Microsoft C Run-time Library for Windows CE .NET
- Contains information about the Microsoft C Run-Time Library for Windows CE global variables and standard types, global constants, functions, vprintf functions, and generic text mappings.
- Platform Builder Tutorials
- Introduces the Platform Builder IDE and demonstrates how you can create customized embedded platforms for a wide range of target devices
Last updated on Friday, October 08, 2004
© 1992-2003 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.