You can create a run-time image that you can deploy to mass systems by using the cloning component. The System Cloning Tool component resets the FBA phase so that when a run-time image boots for the first time a unique security ID (SID) and computer name are assigned to the system.
In This Section
- How to Create a Run-Time Image for Mass Deployment
- Describes the end-to-end procedure for creating a run-time image for mass deployment.
- Creating a Mass Deployment Solution
- Describes processes that are typically implemented in custom solutions for mass deployment.
- Cloning Overview
- Describes how the System Cloning Tool component works.
- Creating a Run-Time Image for Cloning
- Describes how to add and configure the System Cloning Tool component.
- Booting a Run-Time Image for Cloning
- Describes how to boot and run FBA on your run-time image before it is cloned.
- Creating a Master Run-Time Image for Cloning
- Describes how to seal your run-time image and create a master copy that you can deploy to mass systems.
- Reseal Phase
- Describes the reseal phase of the System Cloning Tool component.
- Customizing the Reseal Phase
- Describes how to customize the reseal phase of the System Cloning Tool component.
- FBRESEAL Commands
- Describes the syntax to use with the fbreseal utility.
- Deploy a Run-Time Image
- Describes the process of transferring a run-time image to a variety of media types and the components and tools that are used for this purpose.
© 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.