Testing an Internet connection from a CEPC (Windows CE 5.0)
You can test an application or a device in an IPv6 environment before you deploy it in a production environment.
To test an Internet connection using your new run-time image
- When the shell appears on the CEPC, from the Start menu choose Settings, and then choose Control Panel.
- From Control Panel, choose Internet Options.
- From Internet Settings, choose the Connection tab.
- Select Use LAN.
- If you are using a proxy server, select Access the Internet using a proxy server, and type the proxy address and port number into their respective fields.
- To close the Internet Options and return to the Windows CE desktop, click OK.
- Double-click the Internet Explorer icon and type a known URL, for example, www.microsoft.com, into the Address field.
If the expected Web site does not appear, check your proxy settings and try again. For more information, see Troubleshooting: Cannot Connect from a CEPC to a Network After Configuring the CEPC.
Send Feedback on this topic to the authors