Security (Windows CE 5.0)
Windows CE 5.0
Microsoft® Windows® CE provides technologies to increase the security of your devices or applications.
In This Section
- Security Catalog Items
- Provides descriptions and Sysgen variable information for the Catalog items that appear under the security node in the Platform Builder Catalog.
- Security Overview
- Provides an overview of the security services available in Windows CE.
- Authentication Services
- Provides information on using authentication technologies in Windows CE, which include Security Support Provider Interface (SSPI) and Security Support Providers (SSPs).
- Credential Manager
- Provides information on using Credential Manager, which provides storage for cached credentials, and enables the sharing of common credentials.
- Cryptography Services
- Describes how you can add cryptographic security to your applications using the cryptography services which include Cryptography APIs, Certificates, and Smart Card.
- Local Authentication Subsystem (LASS)
- Describes the infrastructure known as LASS that will enable application-independent and authentication mechanism-independent user authentication.
- Enhancing the Security of a Device
- Provides an overview of how to use the security services in Windows CE to create a device that is more secure.
- Windows CE Features
- Provides links and information about the Catalog-selectable technologies and functionality that can be included in OS designs.
Send Feedback on this topic to the authors