Cryptography (Windows CE 5.0)
Cryptography in Windows CE includes the Cryptography API set (CryptoAPI), which provides services that enable application developers to add encryption and decryption of data. Application developers can use CryptoAPI without knowing details of the underlying implementation, in much the same way as they can use a graphics library without knowing anything about the particular graphics hardware settings. CryptoAPI works with a number of Cryptographic Service Providers that perform the actual cryptographic functions.
CryptoAPI supports both public key infrastructure (PKI) and symmetric key cryptography.
In This Section
- Cryptography OS Design Development
- Provides an overview of the modules and components that implement cryptography in Windows CE, and the sysgen variables that enable this functionality.
- Cryptography Application Development
- Provides an overview of the Microsoft Cryptographic System and describes how to use cryptography services in Windows CE.
- Cryptography Security
- Provides security information about cryptography in Windows CE and best practices for implementation.
- Cryptography Registry Settings
- Describes the registry settings that are necessary to configure this functionality in your device.
- Cryptography Migration
- Provides information that you need to know to migrate this functionality from one version of Windows CE to another.
- Cryptography Samples
- Provides examples that use cryptography concepts and programming elements in applications.
- Cryptography Reference
- Describes of cryptography programming elements.
- Security Overview
- Provides an overview of the security services available in Windows CE.
- Enhancing the Security of a Device
- Provides an overview of how to use the security services in Windows CE to create a device that is more secure.
Send Feedback on this topic to the authors