LASS OS Design Development (Windows CE 5.0)
Security services in Microsoft Windows CE 5.0 include the Local Authentication Subsystem (LASS). LASS provides the infrastructure that supports application-independent user authentication, consistent authentication regardless of the local authentication plugin (LAP) that is used, and policy-based authentication using authentication events (AEs).
In This Section
- LASS Overview
- Provides OS design information and describes LASS modules. For Windows CE, Sysgen variables are also defined.
- Local Authentication Plugin (LAP)
- Defines a local authentication plugin (LAP) and its use by LASS.
- Authentication Event (AE)
- Defines an AE and its use by LASS.
- Comparing LASS and Password Authentication
- Compares LASS authentication to password-based authentication in earlier versions of Windows CE.
- Master Key Protection in LASS
- Provides high-level information on master key protection in LASS.
- LASS Exponential Backoff
- Describes LASS exponential backoff, a mechanism that can be optionally enabled if a LAP is vulnerable to brute force attacks.
- Creating a LAP
- Provides information that is necessary to create a custom LAP.
Send Feedback on this topic to the authors