Tutorial Step 8: Running the Application on the CEPC (Windows CE 5.0)
In this step, you run the newly created Hello.exe application on the CEPC.
By default, the Hello.exe application is not included in the run-time image. It is downloaded to the target device from the development workstation at run time. This allows you to further develop the application without rebuilding the run-time image each time you change the application.
To run the application on the CEPC
- Reboot the CEPC.
- On the development workstation, from the Platform Builder Target menu, choose Attach Device.
- From the Target menu, choose Run Programs.
- In the Available Programs list, select Hello.exe and then choose Run.
The Hello.exe application downloads from the development workstation to the CEPC. The application then runs on the CEPC.
- Verify that the Hello.exe application has successfully run and that it appears on the CEPC display.
You have successfully run a custom application on the CEPC.
- Disconnect Platform Builder from the CEPC at the development workstation by using the Platform Builder Target menu to choose Detach Device; then choose OK.
A dialog box appears, asking whether you want to stop debugging now without disabling the target-side kernel debugger component KdStub.
- For the purposes of this tutorial, choose Yes.
Control returns to the IDE.
This is so you can create and export a software development kit (SDK).
You can now create and export an SDK.
Send Feedback on this topic to the authors