Creating an Empty Display-Based OS (Windows CE 5.0)
The following steps describe how to create an empty display-based Windows CE OS without additional feature support.
An empty OS is a good starting point for investigating single Catalog items or other OS design changes in isolation.
Note These steps create a small and simple OS; however, they do not create the smallest possible Windows CE-based OS.
To create an empty display-based OS
- In Platform Builder, from the File menu, choose New Platform.
The New Platform Wizard - Step 1 appears.
- Choose Next.
- Type a friendly name for the platform in the Name text box, and choose Next.
- Select the check box that corresponds to your hardware platform and choose Next.
- Choose Custom Device and choose Next.
- Skip the subsequent dialog boxes by choosing Next until you get to the dialog box in which you specify the Shell and User Interface options.
- From the list of options, choose Shell and choose Finish. The wizard's final page appears.
- Choose Finish.
How to Customize the Shell | How to Support Multiple Screens on a Device | How to Implement a Control Panel Application | How to Customize the Appearance of Common Controls | How to Profile and Optimize a Display Driver
Send Feedback on this topic to the authors