Creating a Hello World Application (Windows CE 5.0)
After creating an OS design and completing the subsequent steps as described in How to Implement a Control Panel Application, you will add an application project to your OS design. The following steps describe how to build a simple "Hello World" application using a wizard in Platform Builder.
To create and build the Hello World application
- From the File menu, choose New Project or File.
- In the New Project or File window, choose the Projects tab and then choose WCE Application.
- Type the name HelloWorld for your application in the Project name field. Ensure that the Workspace project radio button is selected and then choose OK.
The New Project Wizard - Step 1 of 3 dialog box appears. Type the optional information that is applicable to your project, and choose Next.
- In the New Project Wizard - Step 2 of 3, choose A typical "Hello World" application and then choose Finish.
Your project appears in the Platform Builder IDE, under the FileView tab of the Workspace view. In addition, your project is also added to the Projects node under the OSDesignView tab.
- With the FileView tab exposed, expand the Projects node, and right-click the HelloWorld project name and choose Build Current Project.
You can control whether your application is built and included in your OS by opening the Platform menu, choosing Settings, and then setting your desired build option in the General tab.
Send Feedback on this topic to the authors