Tutorial Step 6: Creating and Building an Application for the Emulator (Windows CE 5.0)
In this step, you create and build a simple application using Platform Builder.
To create and build an application for the Emulator
- From the Platform Builder File menu, choose New Project or File.
- Choose the Projects tab and select WCE Application.
- In the Project name box, type Hello, verify that Workspace project is selected, and choose OK.
- In the Feature name box, for the purposes of this tutorial, name your application Hello and choose Next.
This name is used in the Readme.txt file that Platform Builder creates, and is optional.
- Choose A typical "Hello World!" application and then choose Finish.
- In the Workspace window, select the FileView tab; then from the Projects node, select your application.
- From the Build Project menu, select the following:
- Clean Before Building
- Make Run-Time Image After Build
- Build the application by choosing Build Current Project from the Build Project menu.
When the build is complete, in the Build window, you see the following message: Hello.exe - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s).
To see this message, you might need to jump to the end of the output by pressing the CTRL and END keys simultaneously.
You have created an application.
You can now run the application in the Emulator.
Tutorial Step 7: Running the Application in the Emulator on the Custom Run-Time Image | Tutorial Step 5: Localizing the Run-Time Image for the Emulator | Tutorial: Building a Run-Time Image for the Emulator | Tutorials | Creating a Project
Send Feedback on this topic to the authors