Tutorial Step 1: Creating a Custom OS Design for the Emulator (Windows CE 5.0)
In this step, you use the New Platform Wizard to create a custom OS design.
To create a custom OS design for the Emulator
- On the development workstation, launch Platform Builder.
- From the File menu, choose New Platform, and when the New Platform Wizard appears, choose Next.
- In the Name box, enter MyOSDesign as the name for your OS design.
- In the Path box, accept the default location, which is %_WINCEROOT%\PBWorkspaces\MyOSDesign, and then choose Next.
- From the list of available board support packages (BSPs) installed on your development workstation, select EMULATOR: X86 and choose Next.
- From the list of available OS design templates, select Enterprise Web Pad and choose Next.
- Accept the default selections for Applications & Media by choosing Next.
- Accept the default selections for Networking & Communications by choosing Next.
- Read the security warnings and then choose Next.
- Save your settings and close the New Platform Wizard by choosing Finish.
Platform Builder creates two default configurations for your OS design:
- A Debug configuration
- A Release configuration
After these files are created, you can build a custom run-time image based on your OS design.
Send Feedback on this topic to the authors