IP Independent Source Code Examples (Windows CE 5.0)
This section shows a rewritten version of IPv4-only Windows Sockets and the sample applications, SimpleClient.c and Simples, that gracefully handle either IPv4 or IPv6. The following list shows the sample source code that this section provides:
- IPv6-Enabled Client Code (Client.c file)
- IPv6-Enabled Server Code (Server.c file)
This code exemplifies the guidelines set forth in this conversion guide, and is included to provide source code that has been successfully ported to IPv6. This sample is intentionally simple, but provides a hands-on sample for reviewing. An IPv4 only version of this source code is provided in IPv4-only Source Code Examples.
Comparing the source code in the IPv4-only Source Code Examples to these IP independent source code examples shows the changes necessary to convert your Windows Sockets application to IPv6.
In This Section
- IPv6-Enabled Client Code
- Provides Windows Sockets client sample code that is IP independent. This is an IPv6-enabled version of the sample code found in IPv4-only Client Code.
- IPv6-Enabled Server Code
- Provides Windows Sockets server sample code that is IP independent. This is an IPv6-enabled version of the sample code found in IPv4-only Server Code.
- IPv4-only Source Code Examples
- Provides the source code for the IPv4-only Windows Sockets server samples, SimpleClient.c and SimpleServer.c, that are used throughout this conversion guide as examples.
Send Feedback on this topic to the authors