USB Serial Host Driver (Windows CE 5.0)
The USB serial host driver, Wceusbsh.sys, is the desktop software required to enable a USB connection between a desktop computer and a Windows CE-based target device. For complete information about developing and using a USB serial host driver, you may need to consult Help in a driver development kit or application development environment for a Windows-based desktop platform.
You can use the USB serial host driver to download run-time images to a target device. The target device must have appropriate USB function client hardware and a USB function client driver that exposes a file I/O interface and a serial interface.
In This Section
- USB Serial Host Driver Development Concepts
- Explains the development concepts for a USB serial host driver.
- USB Serial Host Driver Registry Settings
- Explains the registry settings that the USB serial host driver may use.
- USB Function Drivers
- Provides information for developing USB function controller and USB function client drivers.
Send Feedback on this topic to the authors