NDIS User-Mode I/O Driver (Windows CE 5.0)
The NDIS User-mode I/O (NDISUIO) driver is a protocol driver that supports sending and receiving Ethernet frames using ReadFile and WriteFile. NDISUIO gains access to NDIS devices and processes through IOCTL_NDISUIO_OPEN_DEVICE, and receives only those frames that have an NDIS_MEDIUM type of NdisMedium802_3.
As a protocol driver, NDISUIO illustrates how to establish bindings to Ethernet network controllers, how to set a packet filter, and how to send and receive data.
The following list shows some of the ways you can use an NDISUIO driver:
- User-mode authentication for 802.11 (Wireless LAN) devices
- Retrieve Media Sense indications
- Retrieve signal power indications
- Query and set NDIS Object Identifiers (OIDs)
- Get bind and unbind notifications from NDIS
- Receive (read) packets through the bound miniport
- Send (write) packets through the bound miniport
Send Feedback on this topic to the authors