Setup in a CABSend Feedback
This code sample is named SetupDLL. It demonstrates how to create a setup CAB file for installing a Windows Mobile-based application to mobile device.
To run the code sample
- Navigate to the solution file (*.sln), and double-click it. By default, the solution files are copied to the following folders:
C:\Program Files\Windows CE Tools\wce500\Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC SDK\Samples\CPP\Win32\SetupDLL\
C:\Program Files\Windows CE Tools\wce500\Windows Mobile 5.0 Smartphone SDK\Samples\CPP\Win32\SetupDLL\
Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 launches and loads the solution.
- Build the solution (Ctrl+Shift+B).
- Deploy the solution (F5).
To use the application
- During the installation and the uninstallation, SetupDLL is invoked, and prompts the user for confirmation to perform either the installation or the uninstallation of an application.
- During installation, CfgClient invokes the cfgclient Push-Client with the "/register" parameter, so that the client can register itself with the push-router during the installation.
- During uninstallation, CfgClient is invoked with the "/unregister" parameter, so that the client can unregister itself with the Push-Router.
SetupDLL is a user-interactive sample of a setup.dll that can be included in CAB files to perform complex installation and uninstall operations.
In its default form, SetupDLL is designed to work as the setup dll for the WAP Provisioning Client code sample — should it be encapsulated in a CAB file.
To use the application, you must package it with an application in a .CAB installation archive file.
Pocket PC SDK: Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC SDK.
Smartphone SDK: Windows Mobile 5.0 Smartphone SDK.
Development Environment: Visual Studio 2005.
ActiveSync: Version 4.0.
Send Feedback on this topic to the authors