Resolve HostSend Feedback
This code sample is named Resolve. It demonstrates how to resolve a host name (for example, www.microsoft.com) into an IP address, or an IP address into a host name.
To run the code sample
- Navigate to the solution file (*.sln), and double-click it. By default, the solution file is copied to the following folder:
C:\Program Files\Windows CE Tools\wce500\Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC SDK\Samples\CPP\Win32\Resolve\
Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 launches and loads the solution.
- Build the solution (Ctrl+Shift+B).
- Deploy the solution (F5).
To use the application
- Enter a host name or an IP address into the upper edit control.
- Tap either "IP to Host" or "Host to IP".
The result display in the lower edit control.
This sample operates in the emulator or on a mobile device.
Accessing Internet addresses might require that you enter your proxy information in Connection Manager.
Pocket PC SDK: Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC SDK.
Smartphone SDK: Windows Mobile 5.0 Smartphone SDK.
Development Environment: Visual Studio 2005.
ActiveSync: Version 4.0.
Send Feedback on this topic to the authors