DDraw InitializationSend Feedback
This code sample is named DDEx1. It demonstrates how to initialize DirectDraw and create a DirectDraw surface. It creates a "back surface," and uses Page Flipping and Back Buffering to alternately display the contents of the front and back surfaces. Other techniques demonstrated include Color Fills, and how to use GDI functions on a DirectDraw surface.
- BITMAP structure
- CreateCompatibleDC function
- DDSURFACEDESC structure
- GetObject function
- IDirectDraw::CreateSurface function
- IDirectDrawPalette function
- IDirectDrawSurface::GetSurfaceDesc function
- IDirectDrawSurface5 interface
- PAINTSTRUCT structure
- SelectObject function
To run the code sample
- Navigate to the solution file (*.sln), and double-click it. By default, the solution file is copied to the following folder:
C:\Program Files\Windows CE Tools\wce500\Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC SDK\Samples\CPP\Win32\Directx\Ddraw\DDex1\
Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 launches and loads the solution.
- Build the solution (Ctrl+Shift+B).
- Deploy the solution (F5).
To use the application
- DDEx1 requires no user input.
- Press the ACTION button to quit the program.
It is assumed that the display driver supports hardware flipping. If it does not, then the application will exit during the initialization phase.
Pocket PC SDK: Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC SDK.
Smartphone SDK: Windows Mobile 5.0 Smartphone SDK.
Development Environment: Visual Studio 2005.
ActiveSync: Version 4.0.
Send Feedback on this topic to the authors