Context Menu Extension HandlerSend Feedback
This code sample is named CTXMenu. It demonstrates how to implement a context menu extension handler. The application extends the File Explorer context menu that appears when you tap and hold a file.
To run the code sample
- Run "guidgen.exe" to generate a new GUID.
- Copy this GUID to "guids.h", replacing the one that is already there.
- Navigate to the solution file (*.sln), and double-click it. By default, the solution file is copied to the following folder:
C:\Program Files\Windows CE Tools\wce500\Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC SDK\Samples\CPP\Win32\CTXMenu\
Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 launches and loads the solution.
- Build the solution (Ctrl+Shift+B).
- Deploy the solution (F5). ctxmenu.dll is registered. built, and deployed to the folder
To use the application
- Launch File Explorer on the mobile device.
- Tap and hold on any .BMP file to bring up the context menu. You should see an additional menu item.
The filename is retrieved from File Explorer via the IDataObject:IUnknown interface.
Context menu extensions are only loaded when a single file is selected; if multiple files are selected and the user invokes the context menu, File Explorer will not load any extension handlers.
Pocket PC SDK: Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC SDK.
Smartphone SDK: Windows Mobile 5.0 Smartphone SDK.
Development Environment: Visual Studio 2005.
ActiveSync: Version 4.0.
Send Feedback on this topic to the authors