WCF Feature Details
Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) allows extensive control over the messaging functions of an application. The topics in this section go into detail about the available features. For more information about basic programming, see Basic WCF Programming.
In This Section
- Workflow Services
- Describes how to create and configure workflow services.
- Endpoints: Addresses, Bindings, and Contracts
- Describes how to control multiple aspects of your service.
- Data Transfer and Serialization
- Describes how serialization of data can be tailored for interoperation or future compatibility.
- Sessions, Instancing, and Concurrency
- Describes the instancing and session modes of WCF and how to select the right mode for your application.
- Transports in Windows Communication Foundation
- Describes how to configure the transport layer, the lowest level of the channel stack.
- Queues and Reliable Sessions
- Describes queues, which store messages from a sending application on behalf of a receiving application and later forward these messages to the receiving application.
- Explains how to created transacted operations that can be rolled back if needed.
- Windows Communication Foundation Security
- Describes how WCF security helps you to create applications that have confidentiality and integrity. Authentication and authorization are also available, as are auditing features.
- Peer-to-Peer Networking
- Details how to create peer services and clients.
- Describes metadata architecture and formats.
- Describes how to create a variety of clients that access services.
- Describes hosting. A service can be hosted by another application, or it can be self-hosted.
- Interoperability and Integration
- Describes how to use WCF to extend your existing logic rather than having to rewrite it if you have a substantial investment in component-based application logic hosted in COM+.
- WCF Web HTTP Programming Model
- Describes the WCF Web Programming Model that allows developers to expose WCF service operations to non-SOAP endpoints.
- WCF Syndication
- Describes support to easily expose syndication feeds from a WCF service.
- AJAX Integration and JSON Support
- WCF Discovery
- Describes support to enable services to be discoverable at runtime in an interoperable way using the WS-Discovery protocol.
- Describes the routing service.
Build Date: 2011-06-25