Hosting of Windows Communication Foundation Services
The topics in the section cover service hosting. A service can be hosted by Internet Information Services (IIS), Windows Process Activation Service (WAS), a Windows service, or by a managed application—this option is often referred to as self hosting".
It is important to note that running a service or any extension from an untrusted host compromises security.
In This Section
- Hosting in Internet Information Services
- Describes how a Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) service is hosted in Internet Information Services.
- Hosting in Windows Process Activation Service
- Describes how a WCF service is hosted by Windows Process Activation Service.
- Hosting in a Windows Service Application
- Describes how a WCF service is hosted by a Windows service.
- Hosting in a Managed Application
- Describes how a WCF service is hosted in a managed application.
© 2007 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Build Date: 2009-08-07