SpeechRecoContext EndStream Event (SAPI 5.3)
Interface: ISpeechRecoContext Events
The EndStream event occurs when the speech recognition engine encounters the end of an input audio stream.
SpeechRecoContext.EndStream( StreamNumber As Long, StreamPosition As Variant, StreamReleased As Boolean )
- Specifies the stream number.
- Specifies the position within the stream.
- Indicates that the stream was released. Usually, stopping a stream does not release it and StreamReleased should be False. However, if the stream is not associated with an audio device or if the stream ran out of data while in the run state, the stream will be both stopped and released; in this case, StreamReleased will be True.
The following Visual Basic form code demonstrates the use of the StartStream and EndStream events. The application displays the status of the stream and a stream number. It also displays a successful recognition if a stream is active.
To run this code, create a form with the following controls:
- A command button called Command1
- Two labels called Label1 and Label2
Paste this code into the Declarations section of the form. The Form_Load procedure creates and activates a dictation grammar.
Public WithEvents RC As SpSharedRecoContext Public myGrammar As ISpeechRecoGrammar Public fRecoEnabled As Boolean Private Sub Command1_Click() If fRecoEnabled = True Then myGrammar.DictationSetState SGDSInactive fRecoEnabled = False Else myGrammar.DictationSetState SGDSActive fRecoEnabled = True End If End Sub Private Sub Form_Load() Set RC = New SpSharedRecoContext Set myGrammar = RC.CreateGrammar myGrammar.DictationSetState SGDSActive fRecoEnabled = True Command1.Caption = "Start Recognition" End Sub Private Sub RC_Recognition(ByVal StreamNumber As Long, ByVal StreamPosition As Variant, ByVal RecognitionType As SpeechLib.SpeechRecognitionType, ByVal Result As SpeechLib.ISpeechRecoResult) Label1.Caption = Result.PhraseInfo.GetText End Sub Private Sub RC_EndStream(ByVal StreamNumber As Long, ByVal StreamPosition As Variant, ByVal StreamReleased As Boolean) Label2.Caption = "Stream stopped at position: " & StreamPosition End Sub Private Sub RC_StartStream(ByVal StreamNumber As Long, ByVal StreamPosition As Variant) Label2.Caption = "Stream number = " & Val(StreamNumber) End Sub