SpeechVoiceSpeakFlags (SAPI 5.3)
Speech API 5.3
The SpeechVoiceSpeakFlags enumeration lists flags that control the SpVoice.Speak method.
Enum SpeechVoiceSpeakFlags 'SpVoice Flags SVSFDefault = 0 SVSFlagsAsync = 1 SVSFPurgeBeforeSpeak = 2 SVSFIsFilename = 4 SVSFIsXML = 8 SVSFIsNotXML = 16 SVSFPersistXML = 32 'Normalizer Flags SVSFNLPSpeakPunc = 64 'TTS Format SVSFParseSapi = SVSFParseSsml = SVSFParseAutoDetect = 'Masks SVSFNLPMask = 64 SVSFParseMask = SVSFVoiceMask = 127 SVSFUnusedFlags = -128 End Enum
- Specifies that the default settings should be used. The defaults are:
- To speak the given text string synchronously (override with SVSFlagsAsync),
- Not to purge pending speak requests (override with SVSFPurgeBeforeSpeak),
- To parse the text as XML only if the first character is a left-angle-bracket (override with SVSFIsXML or SVSFIsNotXML),
- Not to persist global XML state changes across speak calls (override with SVSFPersistXML), and
- Not to expand punctuation characters into words (override with SVSFNLPSpeakPunc).
- Specifies that the Speak call should be asynchronous. That is, it will return immediately after the speak request is queued.
- Purges all pending speak requests prior to this speak call.
- The string passed to the Speak method is a file name rather than text. As a result, the string itself is not spoken but rather the file the path that points to is spoken.
- The input text will be parsed for XML markup.
- The input text will not be parsed for XML markup.
- Global state changes in the XML markup will persist across speak calls.
- Punctuation characters should be expanded into words (e.g. "This is it." would become "This is it period").
- Force XML parsing as MS SAPI.
- Force XML parsing as W3C SSML.
- The TTS XML format is auto-detected. This is the default if none of these TTS XML format values are present in the bit-field.
- Flags handled by SAPI (as opposed to the text-to-speech engine) are set in this mask.
- This is an existing SAPI 5.1 mask that has every flag bit set. In 5.3, it has been extended to contain SVSFParseMask.
- This mask has every unused bit set.