SpeechPartOfSpeech (SAPI 5.3)
The SpeechPartOfSpeech enumeration lists the parts-of-speech categories used in SAPI.
This list of known parts-of-speech types is intentionally small and broad and will be expanded and refined in future releases. SpeechPartOfSpeech in its minimal form is required to support look ups from the standard SAPI lexicon. This information is useful to TTS engines in order to determine the correct pronunciation of ambiguous words based on their context.
Enum SpeechPartOfSpeech SPSNotOverriden = -1 SPSUnknown = 0 SPSNoun = 4096 SPSVerb = 8192 SPSModifier = 12288 SPSFunction = 16384 SPSInterjection = 20480 SPSSuppressWord = 61440 End Enum
- Indicates that the part of speech already present in the lexicon should not be overridden.
- Indicates that the part of speech is unknown and is probably from the user lexicon.
- Indicates that the part of speech is a noun.
- Indicates that the part of speech is a verb.
- Indicates that the part of speech is a modifier.
- Indicates that the part of speech is a function.
- Indicates that the part of speech is an interjection.
- Marks works in the user lexicon as not to be recognized. Essentially, this removes words from the vocabulary.