A ToolTip control displays a small pop-up window that contains a line of text that describes the purpose of a tool, represented as a graphical object, in an application.
The window class name for a ToolTip is TOOLTIPS_CLASS, which is defined as "tooltips_class" in Commctrl.h.
Supported Properties and Methods
- The ChildCount property is zero.
- The Name property is the text contained in the tool tip.
- The Parent property is a window (ROLE_SYSTEM_WINDOW) that surrounds the control and has the same Name property and window class name as the control.
- The Role property is ROLE_SYSTEM_TOOLTIP.
- The State property is a combination of one or more of the following values:
STATE_SYSTEM_INVISIBLE | STATE_SYSTEM_UNAVAILABLE | STATE_SYSTEM_FOCUSED | STATE_SYSTEM_FOCUSABLE