Windows RSS Platform
The Windows RSS Platform is an API that enables applications to access and manipulate the Common Feed List, a collection of Really Simple Syndication (RSS) feeds to which the user has subscribed. Use the Windows RSS Platform in your applications to:
- Subscribe to new feeds, and enumerate existing subscriptions.
- Easily access properties of feeds (channels), feed items, and enclosures.
- Manage and organize feeds into folders.
- Listen for and respond to feed and feed folder events.
- Check the status of the background Feed Download Engine, or modify settings.
- Normalize the XML source of a feed.
The Windows RSS Platform is available with Windows Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2), Windows Server 2003, and Windows Vista.