To add a Search tab to the Navigation pane
- Enable full-text search.
- Open a project (.hhp) file, and then click Change Project Options.
Specifies files, compiler, window, and other project settings.
- On the Compiler tab, select the Compile full-text search information check box, and then click OK.
- Click Add/Modify Window Definitions, and then click the Navigation Pane tab.
Adds or edits window definitions and the general appearance of the HTML Help Viewer.
- In the Window type box, click the window you want, and then select the Search tab check box. Select the Advanced check box to add advanced full-text search features.
- You can decrease the time it takes for a full-text search by including a full-text search stop list in your project. Any words in the stop list are omitted from the search. These are usually commonly occurring words, such as "the" or "and" that a user is unlikely to search for.
- After you add a new tab, you may want to adjust the window size and position of the Help Viewer to account for the new space the tab uses in the Navigation pane.