To open a compiled help file from a contents or index entry
- Open a contents (.hhc) or index (.hhk) file.
Click Insert a Page or Insert a Keyword.
Adds a page level icon to a table of contents with its associated name, file, URL, and style information.
Adds a keyword to an index with its associated keyword name, file, URL, and destination information.
- In the Entry title or Keyword box, type a name for the table of contents or index link.
- Click Add, and then, in the File or URL box, type the name of the compiled help (.chm) file.
- When a user clicks the link, a dialog box will appear that gives them the option of saving the compiled help file to their hard disk or opening it from the directory where it's located.
- If the compiled help file you are linking to is in a different directory than the topic you are linking from, you will need to enter the path to the compiled help file in the File or URL box. For example, if the help file is located in a directory on the Web, you would need to enter the full URL including the HTTP address, <A HREF="http://www.sample.com/example.chm">