Example: Create a Pop-up Window
Using the HTML Help ActiveX control, you can create a pop-up window that appears when a user clicks a specific word, phrase, or graphic in a topic. This example is based on the TextPopup method.
The steps of the process are as follows:
- Write the text for the pop-up window.
- Insert the HTML Help ActiveX control in your HTML file.
- Create a hyperlink to open the pop-up window.
- You can use this example with both uncompiled HTML files and compiled help (.chm) files.
- This procedure cannot be used to create context-sensitive help topics that users open through an external program.