To define a Hidden information type
- Open a contents (.hhc) or index (.hhk) file.
- On the Edit menu, click Information Types, and then click Add.
- In the Information type name box, enter the name of the information type you want (for example, Overview).
- In the Description box, enter a description of the information type.
- Version 1.1 of HTML Help Workshop enables you to author topics that use the Hidden information type attribute. However, the ability to invoke them through the HTML Help API has not yet been implemented.
- You can also create information types by clicking Properties in a contents or index file.
- The name for an information type cannot exceed 255 characters.
- Topics with the Hidden information type will not appear when a user makes their selections.