To define information types when not using categories
Open a contents (.hhc) file, and then click Contents Properties.
Defines the general appearance of the table of contents.
- Click the Information Types tab, and then click Add.
- In the Information type name box, type the name of the information type you want (for example, Overview).
- In the Description box, type a description of the information type. The description is important because it is viewed by the user in the wizard that walks them through information type selection.
- Click either Inclusive Type or Exclusive Type to assign an information type attribute.
- You may want to make a backup copy of your contents file before you add information types to it.
- After you define information types, you can assign them to a table of contents entry.
- You can create up to 32 separate information types. The name for an information type cannot exceed 255 characters.
- If used with a large collection of merged compiled help (.chm) files, information types should be standardized in all the files in the collection.
- Information types are not supported when using a binary table of contents.
Build date: 4/14/2012