Creating Categories for Information Types
Categories allow you to group information types into easily referenced subject areas. You might, for example, create a category named Experience Level, and then assign the following information types to the category: Novice, Intermediate, and Advanced.
Categories are not required. If you use them, you must assign all information types to a category.
- Learn more about creating categories for information types
- Define categories and information types
- Assign an information type to a table of contents entry
- Make information type selection available to users
- Remove categories and information types from a project