To create a KLink in an HTML file to a keyword in a target file
- Open the HTML file you want to link from, and then position your cursor at the location where you want to create a Keyword link (KLink).
- Click HTML Help ActiveX Control.
Opens the HTML Help ActiveX Control Wizard, which enables you to insert or edit the control in an HTML file.
- In the Specify the command box, click Keyword Search, and then select the appropriate display type and button options.
- In the Related Topics dialog box, specify the keywords you want to jump to.
- You must add keywords to the appropriate target files before the KLink search will work.
- Adding a KLink to an HTML file adds an <OBJECT> tag to your file. This allows you to link to any other files that contain the keywords you specify. When a user clicks the KLink, any topics that contain the keywords you have specified will appear.
- To use this feature, your help project must be set up to include keywords from HTML files.
- For more information about KLinks, see the HTML Help ActiveX control reference.