Windows Address Book
New applications should not use this set of interfaces. These interfaces exist for backward compatibility with legacy applications. These interfaces will be unavailable in the future.
Note In Windows Vista, Windows Contacts replaces Windows Address Book (WAB). For more information about this new mechanism for storing and retrieving contact information, see Windows Contacts.
This section contains the reference for the WAB API, as well as several overview articles that describe some techniques for programming an address book.
The following overview topics discuss how to use the WAB.
- About Windows Address Book
- Extending the WAB Toolbar and Context Menu Actions
- Extending the WAB Property Sheets
- WAB and Multi-User/Multi-Identity Profiles
- UNICODE Support in WAB
- Importing and Exporting Named Properties Through vCards
The following topics are the references for the various functions, interfaces and methods, structures, and enumerated types that are exposed by WAB.
- Windows Address Book Interfaces
- Windows Address Book Functions
- Windows Address Book Structures
- Windows Address Book Enumerated Types
Build date: 6/30/2010