Text Services Framework
Microsoft Windows Text Services Framework (TSF) is a system service available as a redistributable for Windows 2000. TSF provides a simple and scalable framework for the delivery of advanced text input and natural language technologies. TSF can be enabled in applications, or as a TSF text service. A TSF text service provides multilingual support and delivers text services such as keyboard processors, handwriting recognition, and speech recognition.
Text Services Framework is applicable for Windows-based computers using text services and Windows XP or later versions of the operating system.
Text Services Framework is designed for use by Component Object Model (COM) programmers using the C/C++ programming languages. Programmers should be familiar with text services for Windows-based computers. Knowledge of handwriting recognition, speech recognition, and programming for multilingual support is recommended.
Text Services Framework is available as a redistributable for Windows 2000. For more information about the requirements of specific API elements, see the Requirements section in the reference documentation. To download the latest redistributable, go to Windows Server 2003 SP1 Platform SDK.
General information about Text Services Framework.
Information about using Text Services Framework.
Documentation about Text Services Framework interfaces, methods, structures, and other code elements.
Alphabetical listing of technical terms used in this documentation.
What You Should Know Before Reading This Guide
For the purposes of the Text Services Framework Help, the term "application" refers to a TSF-enabled application, the term "text service" refers to a TSF text service, and the term "manager" refers to the TSF manager. Each term applies as stated herein unless otherwise specified. Text service providers should provide digital signatures with their binary executables.
Sample TSF applications and text services, ready to compile, are located through the Downloads tab at the Text Services Framework Sample Code page in the MSDN Code Gallery. The following samples are available to demonstrate the creation and use of a customized text service.
- Simple Text Service (Sample 1 of 11)
- Text Service with Candidate List (Sample 2 of 11)
- Text Service with Composition (Sample 3 of 11)
- Text Service with Composition String Underline (Sample 4 of 11)
- Text Service with Icon in Language Bar (Sample 5 of 11)
- Text Service with Keyboard Functionality (Sample 6 of 11)
- Text Service with Property Monitor (Sample 7 of 11)
- Property Text Service (Sample 8 of 11)
- Text Service with Text Insertion (Sample 9 of 11)
- Text Service with Track Focus (Sample 10 of 11)
- Text Service with Text Change Tracking (Sample 11 of 11)