To modify the Navigation pane in the Help Viewer
Open a help project file, and then click Add/Modify Window Definitions.
Adds or edits window definitions and the general appearance of the HTML Help Viewer.
- In the Create a new window type named box, type a window name for the Help Viewer.
- Click the Navigation Pane tab, and in the Window type box, select the Help Viewer by the name you gave it in step 2.
- If you want to change the default width for the left pane of the Help Viewer, enter a new width in the Navigation Pane box.
- Select the Open with Navigation pane closed check box if you want the compiled help file to open with the Navigation pane closed.
- Select the Auto sync check box if you want the heading or topic in the Navigation pane to automatically synchronize with whatever topic appears in the Topic pane.
- In the Default tab box choose which tab will appear in the Navigation pane when the help file is first opened.
- In the Tabs area, select the tabs that you want to appear on the Navigation pane.
- To customize the Help Viewer, you must create a new window. Any changes to your new window are then noted in the [WINDOWS] section of the project (.hhp) file.
- You can also create a window without a Navigation pane.