Create a Help Web Site
There are two ways to author for Web sites. You can create uncompiled HTML topic, contents, and index files. Then you can post these files to a Web site. Or, you can create a Web page with a link to a compiled help (.chm) file.
There are browser issues to consider, based on your target audience, in each method of authoring. For detailed information about using the HTML Help ActiveX control on the Web, see the HTML Help ActiveX control reference.
Using HTML Help Workshop, you can:
- Create an HTML topic file.
- Create a table of contents for a Web page.
- Create an index for a Web page.
- Insert the HTML Help ActiveX control into an HTML file.
- Insert the HTML Help Java Applet into an HTML file.
- Create a frameset.
- Run a compiled help file from a Web page.
Build date: 4/14/2012