|Important||This document may not represent best practices for current development, links to downloads and other resources may no longer be valid. Current recommended version can be found here.|
Differences Between Desktop and Device Compilers
Visual Studio 2005
The following topics provide descriptions of the differences between desktop and device compiler operation, including detailed reference information about intrinsic functions and compiler errors.
In This Section
- Unique Build Options
- Describes build options uniquely defined for device compilers,
- Shared Build Options
- Lists build options shared with desktop compilers.
- Intrinsic Functions for Device Compilers
- Provided detailed reference information about the intrinsic functions common to all device compilers.
- Pre-defined Macros
- Provides reference information about macros included with device compilers.
- RISC Processor Data Alignment
- Provides programmer information about data alignment issues that vary across different microprocessors.
- Exception Handling for Device Compilers
- Describes the unique ways RISC-based microprocessor compilers manage exception handling.
- Device Compiler Error Messages
- Provides information about compiler and linker error messages that you might encounter when working with device compilers.