Layout in Windows Forms Controls
Precise placement of controls on your form is a high priority for many applications. The System.Windows.Forms namespace gives you many layout tools to accomplish this.
In This Section
- AutoSize Property Overview
Describes the AutoSize property and its role in layout.
- Margin and Padding in Windows Forms Controls
- How to: Align a Control to the Edges of Forms
Demonstrates how to use the Dock property to align your control to the edge of the form it occupies.
- How to: Create a Border Around a Windows Forms Control Using Padding
Demonstrates how to use the Padding property to outline a control.
- How to: Implement a Custom Layout Engine
Demonstrates how to implement a LayoutEngine for arranging Windows Forms controls.