The CrystalReportViewer Control
The CrystalReportViewer control is used in the .NET Framework to bind to and display reports.
To learn how to add a CrystalReportViewer control to a Web Site or Windows project and configure it to display a report, see Project Setup.
Crystal Reports for Visual Studio introduces a number of features enhancements from previous versions of the CrystalReportViewer control. These features are grouped in three categories:
- Features available for both Windows projects and Web Sites.
- Features available for Windows projects only.
- Features available for Web Sites only.
Windows and Web
- Smart Tasks
- ToolTip Disable Option
- Error Events (Windows and Web)
- Multilingual Client Support (Windows and Web)
- Unicode and GB18030 Character Encoding Support (Windows and Web)
- Automatic Data Binding to Crystal Reports From the Properties Window (Web)
- Tag-based Application Development Model (Web)
- CrystalReportSource Control (Web)
- Cascading Style Sheets for Customizing the CrystalReportViewer Control (Web)
- CrystalReportViewer Control Themes (Web)
- MultiView or Wizard Control for Nesting the CrystalReportViewer Control (Web)
This section provides an overview of the enhancements to the CrystalReportViewer control. To learn how to use both the new and existing features, see Tutorials.