MenuStrip Control (Windows Forms)
This control groups application commands and makes them easily accessible.
In This Section
- MenuStrip Control Overview (Windows Forms)
Explains what the control is and its key features and properties.
- How to: Add Enhancements to ToolStripMenuItems
Describes how to add check marks, images, shortcut keys, access keys, and separator bars to menus and menu commands.
- How to: Append a MenuStrip to an MDI Parent Window (Windows Forms)
Describes how to set several properties to append the multiple-document interface (MDI) child menu to the MDI parent menu.
- How to: Create an MDI Window List with MenuStrip (Windows Forms)
Demonstrates how to create a list of all the active child forms on the parent's Window menu.
- How to: Disable ToolStripMenuItems
Describes how to disable both entire menus and individual menu commands.
- How to: Hide ToolStripMenuItems
Describes how to hide both entire menus and individual menu commands.
- How to: Insert a MenuStrip into an MDI Drop-Down Menu (Windows Forms)
Describes how to set several properties to insert a group of menu items from the MDI child menu into the drop-down part of the MDI parent menu.
- How to: Remove a ToolStripMenuItem from an MDI Drop-Down Menu (Windows Forms)
Describes how to set several properties to remove a menu item from the drop-down part of the MDI parent menu.
- How to: Configure MenuStrip Check Margins and Image Margins
Describes how to customize a MenuStrip by setting check and image margin properties in various ways.
- How to: Provide Standard Menu Items to a Form
Describes how to use a MenuStrip control to create a form with a standard menu.
- How to: Display Option Buttons in a MenuStrip (Windows Forms)
Describes how to implement option-button (or radio-button) behavior in a ToolStripMenuItem.
- Merging Menu Items in the Windows Forms MenuStrip Control
Describes general concepts and methods for menu merging.
- How to: Set Up Automatic Menu Merging for MDI Applications
Describes how to merge menu items automatically at run time.
Describes the features of the MenuStrip class, which provides a menu system for a form.
Describes the features of the ContextMenuStrip, which represents a shortcut menu.
- Controls to Use on Windows Forms
Provides a complete list of Windows Forms controls, with links to information on their use.