User Input in Windows Forms
Windows Forms includes a user input model based on events that are raised while processing related Windows messages. The topics in this section provide information on mouse and keyboard user input, including code examples that demonstrate how to perform specific tasks.
In This Section
- User Input in a Windows Forms Application
Provides an overview of user input events and the methods that process Windows messages.
- Keyboard Input in a Windows Forms Application
Provides information on keyboard message handling, the different types of keys, and the keyboard events.
- Mouse Input in a Windows Forms Application
Provides information on the mouse events and other mouse-related features, including mouse cursors and mouse capture.
- How to: Simulate Mouse and Keyboard Events in Code
Demonstrates several different ways to programmatically simulate mouse and keyboard input.
- How to: Handle User Input Events in Windows Forms Controls
Presents a code example that handles most user input events and reports information about each event.
- User Input Validation in Windows Forms
Describes the methods to validate user input in Windows Forms applications.
Also see Creating Event Handlers in Windows Forms.