Windows Control Library Template
The Windows Control Library project template is used to create custom controls to use on Windows Forms. For more information , see Windows Forms Controls.
Visual Basic Note This template is analogous to the User Control project in Visual Basic 6.0. For more information, see Project Changes in Visual Basic .NET.
The template automatically adds the essential project references and files to use as a starting point for your application:
- AssemblyInfo (.vb file for Visual Basic or .cs file for Visual C#) - Used to describe the assembly and specify versioning information. For more information, see Programming with Assemblies.
- UserControl file (.cs file for Visual C# or .vb file for Visual Basic) - Contains a class that derives from System.Windows.Forms.UserControl
- References to these .NET Framework namespaces:
- System - Contains fundamental classes and base classes that define commonly used values and reference data types, events and event handlers, interfaces, attributes, and processing exceptions.
- System.Data - Contains classes that constitute the ADO.NET architecture, which is the primary data access method for managed applications.
- System.Drawing - Contains classes that provide access to GDI+ basic graphics functionality.
- System.Windows.Forms - Contains classes for creating Windows-based applications that take full advantage of the rich user interface features available in the Microsoft Windows operating system.
- System.Xml - Contains classes that provide standards-based support for processing XML.