Regular Expression Examples
This section contains code examples that illustrate the use of regular expressions in common applications.
The System.Web.RegularExpressions namespace contains a number of regular expression objects that implement predefined regular expression patterns for parsing strings from HTML, XML, and ASP.NET documents. For example, the TagRegex class identifies start tags in a string and the CommentRegex class identifies ASP.NET comments in a string.
In This Section
- Regular Expression Example: Scanning for HREFs
Provides an example that searches an input string and prints out all the href="…" values and their locations in the string.
- Regular Expression Example: Changing Date Formats
Provides an example that replaces dates in the form mm/dd/yy with dates in the form dd-mm-yy.
- How to: Extract a Protocol and Port Number from a URL
Provides an example that extracts a protocol and port number from a string that contains a URL. For example, "http://www.contoso.com:8080/letters/readme.html" returns "http:8080".
- How to: Strip Invalid Characters from a String
Provides an example that strips invalid non-alphanumeric characters from a string.
- How to: Verify that Strings Are in Valid Email Format
Provides an example that you can use to verify that a string is in valid email format.
Provides class library reference information for the .NET Framework System.Text.RegularExpressions namespace.
- .NET Framework Regular Expressions
Provides an overview of the programming language aspect of regular expressions.
- The Regular Expression Object Model
Describes the regular expression classes contained in the System.Text.RegularExpression namespace and provides examples of their use.
- Details of Regular Expression Behavior
Provides information about the capabilities and behavior of .NET Framework regular expressions.
- Regular Expression Language - Quick Reference
Provides information on the set of characters, operators, and constructs that you can use to define regular expressions.